I had this ADSL router and it was working fine. Recently I tried to connect it to my LG Smart TV to stream media contents but my TV didn’t recognized at all!
I did some researches over the Internet, most of them was in Russian language so i decided to write this post to help international users of this device.
My router’s version was ME 2.01, I have found that this issue caused because of blocking SSDP packets in WLAN interface, luckily I have found that the latest firmware version RU 2.05 solved this issue, so I updated my device firmware to the latest version and finally this issue has been solved and now I can stream my favorite content to my TV!
Here are the changes log from 2.01 to 2.05:
RU_2.05 1. Removed lock SSDP packets from a wireless interface. RU_2.04 1. Correction of errors PPTP-client to connect to a remote VPN-server over PPPoE interface, and MER. 2. Correction of errors when trying to use PPTP-client as the default gateway. RU_2.03 1. Correction of errors in the function of PPTP-client. RU_2.02 1. Fix for IPSec. 2. The web interface adds the ability to create static routes without the IP-address of the gateway. 3. Blocked access to the device for Telnet using the account 'user'. RU_2.01 1. Fixed problem with disabling SNMP. 2. Automatically update the page and return to the home page after the firmware update procedure. 3. Fixed arbitrary changes to the MAC-address 02:10:18:10:10:01.
Steps to update your device firmware:
1. Ensure your device H/W Rev. is C2 by looking at the bottom of your device.
2. Get the latest firmware file from here.
3. Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser and login with User: admin Password: admin
4. Go to ‘Management->Update Software’ page.
5. Extract the previously downloaded file and choose .img file in ‘Update Software’ page and then click on ‘Update Software’ button, wait until the update process finishes.